Microsoft keeps on releasing Windows Updates from time to time to keep the users computers updated with the latest developments and improvise on the existing versions. However problems form an indispensable part of every new release that is made by Microsoft. Similar is the case with the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 i.e. this Service Pack is a bundle of many individual updates and there is quite a possibility of any one or more than one update failing to be installed.
Does it mean that the entire Service Pack is a waste or is it that we cannot install the latest updates on our computer? Considering the issues that might arise, Microsoft is prepared in advance with the process to fix the failing Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Here we would be sharing the same with you to facilitate the fixation process.
Few reasons for failure
- Corrupt Windows system files
- Viruses or malware on the computer
- Lack of space on the hard drive
- Turning off your computer in between the update installation process and so on
Steps to be performed in case Service Pack 1 installation fails:
OPTION I – Use of Disk Cleanup Wizard
- Reason – In case your computer is out of space, the Service Pack installation would fail without even any prompt on the same
- Go to the Control panel
- Select Performance Information and Tools
- Choose OK on the Disk Cleanup window to free the space without affecting your personal files
OPTION II – Using Windows Tool to fix Windows update issues
Microsoft is always instrumental in offering solutions beforehand since that is what makes it an undisputable world leader. There are numerous tools available to fix the variety of issues that Windows users might face while making use of Microsoft products. Using the tool to fix Windows update related issues is a sure shot solution.
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select Troubleshooting
- Click on Fix problems with Windows Update
- Click Next
OPTION III – Downloading and Installing SP1 from Microsoft manually
- Determine whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows to identify the file to be downloaded for the installation of Service Pack 1
- Go to Control Panel >> System to find out the answer to above point
- Click on the link “reach the download page from Microsoft” to download SP1 without making use of Windows update
- Choose Download and select windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe if you are running 32-bit windows else windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe for 64-bit Windows
- Click next for download
- Continue with installation by double clicking the downloaded file
- Keep on following the directions for the final installation
The above solutions are sure to solve the issues however you are always welcome to connect with Microsoft online customer support at the Microsoft customer service phone number USA.